I had once read Josh Billings qoutation about how vital our health matters to every human beings, and I strongly agree with him. His lines which says: There's lots of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it -- is quite true, if we will just admit it within our own selves as well.
The greatest wealth is health.
Almost half of our population if not all, don't take the risk when it comes to their health.. Though we are living in such a modern world, where the field of medecine continues to advance and branch out in so many ways to prolong every man's life -- the famous line above still exists. Why? For the mere reason that , like everybody else , we value our health and life so much. Yet, no matter how careful we are , we couldn't ever hide to the hideous face of desease and death. That is a harsh truth that we must all face!
So, instead of running away from the truth , let us all be strong enough to face it without fear, coz' we dont have forever to keep on hiding and running away!. It is our responsibility to our own self, to know the things that could help us to live long enough beside our precious ones. But , our greatest foe in this real world is Time. We shall never waste it.
But dont be afraid. In fact, eating healthfully has been shown to reduce the risk of obesity, cardiovascular illnesses and even certain types of cancer. All we have to do is to have proper understanding and knowledge if what foods we must eat . Below is a list of the food products along with information regarding their potential health benefits that might help to lessen our worries.
- Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E, copper, magnesium, good quality protein, and healthy unsaturated fatty acids. Studies have revealed that almonds can potentially help prevent cardiovascular heart diseases, cut the risk of cancer, and help prolong life.
- Apples are sometimes called "nutritional powerhouses" because of their impressive nutritional profile. Apples are rich in Vitamin C (a powerful natural antioxidant), B-complex vitamins, dietary fiber, phytonutrients (which help protect the body from the detrimental effects of free radicals), and minerals such as calcium and potassium. Studies also revealed that eating apples can potentially help prevent dementia, reduce your risk of stroke, and reduce your risk of diabetes
- Along with other leafy greens, arugula contains very high nitrate levels (more than 250 mg/100 g). High intakes of dietary nitrate have been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce the amount of oxygen needed during exercise and enhance athletic performance. The potential health benefits of arugula include lowering risk of cancer, preventing osteoporosis and improving muscle oxygenation during exercise.
- Asparagus is very rich in dietary fiber and contains high levels of vitamin B6, calcium, zinc and magnesium. The potential health benefits of asparagus include: reducing the risk of diabetes, preventing kidney stones, and reducing the risk of neural tube defects in babies.
- Bananas are naturally free of fat, cholesterol and sodium and is very rich in potassium. The potential health benefits of bananas include: lowering blood pressure,reduce the risk of developing childhood leukemia, and supporting heart health.
- Beetroot, also known simply as the beet, has been gaining in popularity as a new super food due to recent studies claiming that beets and beetroot juice can improve athletic performance, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow. Beetroot is a rich source of folate and manganese and also contains thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, choline, betaine, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper and selenium.
- Carrots are a great source of vitamin A. They provide 210% of the average adult's needs for the day. The potential health benefits of carrots include: preventing lung cancer16, destroying leukemia cells and inhibiting their progression17, and helping to restore vision.
- Celery is a very rich source of antioxidants and vitamin K. The potential health benefits of celery include: lowering blood pressure, preventing cancer, and soothing joint pain.
- The eggplant, also known as aubergine, garden egg, guinea squash, melongene and brinjal, is usually distinguishable by its signature egg-like shape and vibrant purple color. The potential health benefits of eggplant, include supporting heart health, maintaining weight and blood cholesterol levels and exhibiting anti-cancer effects.
- Garlic is widely used for several conditions linked to the blood system and heart. Studies have found that garlic can potentially be a very powerful antibiotic37, help protect the heart during cardiac surgery and after a heart attack38, lower the risk of developing lung cancer39, and reduce high cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Green Tea may well be one of the world's healthiest drinks and contains the highest amount of antioxidants of any tea. Studies have found that drinking green tea is associated with a reduced risk of stroke, and may help fight prostate cancer.
Escaping sickness is quite impossible, but, avoiding it is indeed possible. Proper learnings on self preservation, proper hygiene and sanitation, excercise and diet may lead to good endings. We could even lessen our spendings on medecines and going back in forth to a doctor, if we already know how to prevent it. All we ever needed is KnoWleDge! Knowledge has a beginning but no end - Geeta S. Iyengar, can guarantee you that!
Source: Medical News Today